ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
I wonder if maybe some of the Flash folders on your computer contain corrupted data.
There are two Macromedia Flash Player folders on my Win7 computer whose contents I delete every day, sometimes even several times a day. One is "QPQ9G3J9" and the other is the "sys" folder.
Maybe clearing these out on your computer would help with your situation.
These folders contain trash like user settings and timers that are placed there every time you visit a website that uses Flash. The files are mainly there to recognize your computer when you visit a site again or for tracking and timer counters for usage monitoring with things like Pandora.

They are located at:
(C:/)Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/#SharedObjects/QPQ9G3J9

(C:/)Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys

G
Is Macromedia Flash the same as Adobe Flash?

I only have one Macromedia file or directory on my whole system and it isn't flash. I also do not have a Users directory. That must be W/7 stuff. The only "users" things I know of are in the registry.(lots of stuff)

Greg Fretwell
K
Yes, Adobe acquired Macromedia sometime around 2005.

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a computer running XP to check things out, but I have the same type of user account listing in Win2000 in the (C:\) Documents and Settings folder. I always delete those Flash files I mentioned on my Win2K system too.

K
Greg, I forgot to mention that you have to have Windows folder options set to "show hidden files and folders"... in order to see the AppData folder. That’s probably why you can’t find it.
I always keep Windows folder options set to show as much info as possible, so I tend to forget that these are not the default settings.

G
OK evidently "search" doesn't search the documents folder. I blew them all away but I am still running the November update that works and I am not going to upgrade it
Thanks

Greg Fretwell
One MS update 2 years [?] back disabled Outlook Express for a week. My computer guy set it so ALL updates have to be approved by me. I rarely if ever accept the invitation....

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard