ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 209 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I do commercial/industrial work almost exclusively, (except some ultra custom homes) Any method I'd use for figuring residential would be non-competitive overkill at best [Linked Image] (but I'm always willing to learn)
Nearly everything here has the lights and recps run on different circuits, though.

In CA, our commercial lighting loads are limited by our energy laws. An office is generally only allowed 1.6 watts per square foot, so to use the NEC's figure wouldn't be practical.

R
I do alot of residential work, more often there are some sort of prints if there are a few trades involved. If not I will lay it out with input from the GC or the homeowner and have them sign off on it.
Ther are a few factors for determining the load or amount of outlets for each circut. If the house dose'nt have central a/c , I usualy install 20a dedicated lines for each bedroom, dining rm and living rm. Another If there going to use a bedroom for a home office. Taking alot of the load off the general use outlets. Most customers even with no knowledge of electrical can appreciate and grasp the idea of what your explaining to them. Taking the time and having a little patience with the customer before jumping into a job, makes the end of the job alot easier. Have'nt had a call back for a tripped breaker in 6 years

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard