ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Of course, if you go with the Wattgate receptacles, you don't want to plug just ANY power cord into them...

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/shunyata_powersnakes.htm

rolleyes

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

T
twh Offline
Good link about the power cord. Here's a testimonial about one of them:
"By the way, the King Cobra (forerunner to the Anaconda) is a truly remarkable product. Do you know that when I plugged it in the wall, the TV ( which is on another side ) suddenly had much deeper colors and sharper contrast. I know this may sound like I am losing my sanity, but it is actually true. Now the sound coming out of those dear B & W's got very full - I demonstrated Sarah Brightman's "Phantom of The Opera" for friends. It is quite a sensational cord, now I am glad I got this instead of the Electraglide - which I almost purchased. The problem is - if one raves too much about a " power cord ", people will just call it hyperbole and think the brain has had too much Espresso café. This is, however, the first product I have used, where the hype is running far below its performance. I still don't understand how one product, the KC, can be soooo much better than the others in it's class. I wish I understood the technical logic. If the patent number is available, I'd like to read it".

Patent for creating a power cord that makes people spend crazy amounts of money?

Good News... They can be had MUCH cheaper! laugh

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Crutchfield.com wants $49.99. PS Audio spec talks about multiple nickel plating, rather than gold.

Click here

W
What about the cyro treated outlets? Can't have hi-fi music without them! laugh

If that fancy snake (oil) power cord has a braided shield over the conductors, it might lower hum pickup by the audio patch cords. You could sell a customer on BX or conduit for for house wiring for the same reason (the metal armor or pipe acts as an electro static shield to block hum leakage into the audio patch cords and equipment).

H
No where is that story about the whack job who wanted his UG service wire replaced with copper so his audio system will sound better?

-Hal

K
KJay Offline OP
Originally Posted by Trumpy
Originally Posted by KJay

Has there been any further testing done in the last six years to verify the credibility or advantage in using these receptacles for audio applications?

Hmmm,
I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to test both smoke and mirrors with the same test instrument. aspirin

laugh laugh laugh
I can only assume the manufacturers morality is equal to their products ability to provide increased audio performance. Which is zero, so it's a perfect match.

P
If they'e that obsessed, they can just buy a hubbell corrosion resistant and be done. Save a buck, too! (or 100grin smile )

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard