ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Greg:
'Caper' being someone I may know??

Nice group pic.

Heard from Joe T lately?

John
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I don't know if I've seen that picture before, but some of those people look familiar.

Bill

G
That bottom T shirt is Caper's company but the phone number may have changed since 1993.
wink

Greg Fretwell
Why has that guy in the back there got no certificates, or is he afraid to show them? grin

H
John,

Caper was the nickname I got from Prodigy. It seems Greg and Joe and I and Ed were talking about wiring up electrical equipment when some homeowner joined in and said that Electrical Contractors believe that they are better than homeowners and that we thought that we belonged to some kind of a "Secret Society". So that was how our "Name" came about. Joe T has the whole original story about how we became a little group on the new fangled thing called "Internet".

H
Greg,

I still have my old t-shirt from the "Society" (I hate to use the SS abbreviation) I wouldn't want some one to get the wrong idea. Maybe I should post the picture of mine as well. Do you still hear from Wiz or Sheriff?

G
Wiz and I were talking about using a linear transformer as sensor for a tide monitor about a year ago and he even made a prototype. He was doing well.

Greg Fretwell
G
Mike, the guy in the middle is Joe T. He was the teacher. Maybe someone should have brought him an apple.

Greg Fretwell
H
Greg,

I actually got him a "Nail"! Do you remember his nickname? It was THE NAIL. So I was on vacation in Williamsburg Va. and as I was walking around I found an old straight cut nail, from an old historic building. I took the nail, had it mounted on a plaque and the plaque said something like, " To Joe T. THE NAIL. Our teacher and mentor on *P*" or something like that. We presented this to him the day that picture was taken.

H
Greg,

The # on my old t-shirt still works but it goes to my sons phone. He checks the voice messages maybe once every other week, if even that much.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard