ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Originally Posted by Tesla
Anywhere I know of, doing 65 mph in a 25 zone is a spectacular fine and a trip to the local jail. You don't just sign the book and drive on.

In 1968, 88 in a 45 was $100 to get out of jail in D.C. ... or so I hear wink

They revoke you, then forget about it a couple years later and 14 years later they remember again ... but that is another story.

Greg Fretwell
Apparently, the fund raiser situation doesn't interest the Twp. They have a few 'red light' cameras at major intersections that are raking in $$$$.

Some neighbors are going to Feb council meeting to raise this again.

John
G
We had a revolt here about red light cameras and they decided not to charge "right turns with a rolling stop" or "pulling too far across the crosswalk before you stop" offenses. The vendor who operates the cameras for a piece of the action said they were going to pull the cameras because that was their biggest source of revenue. It turns out most "red light runners" are not just busting through the light, they are turning on red without a complete stop, behind the stop line (where you can't see if there is a car coming).

Greg Fretwell
T
Government should be prohibited from sharing a piece of the pie.

About 2,000 years ago Rome used such methods: 'tax farming.'

It destroyed the Republic as it naturally got completely out of hand.

We're seeing the same follies in modern America whereby this or that public entity is selling its crown jewels for peanuts.

( Parking meters and their income on SIXTY year terms. As if there's no corruption to be found in such mega-deals.)

There's a city about an hour away that has gone crazy with vehicle traps. Consequently, their business district has collapsed. The word got out.

Tesla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard