ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#197738 12/17/10 07:54 PM
S
sockets Offline OP
Here are some vintage receptacles that I found today:
[Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com]
The outlets above from left to right are:
a Bryant "Twist Tite", 10A 250V or 15A 125V,
a Bell GFCI, Class A, Group 1, 15A 125V 60Hz (Co/ALR),
and Hubbell, 10A 250V or 15A 125V.

In case you can't see it, the bottom plug on the Hubbell is an ungrounded T slot. Does anyone know how old the other two are or come across them? I remember Square D had a GFCI like that Bell in the 1970s.

Last edited by Trumpy; 12/17/10 08:11 PM.
S
sockets Offline OP

The single outlet part on top I dug up in my yard. The Leviton box goes with the outlet next to it. The center receptacle is by National Tool & Mfg. Co. (NTM). The right one is a GE from Mexico that had been in my living room (replaced as it was wrong color). The rest of the outlets in my house are Levitons 15A in ivory, the type that only have the push in connections (no terminals). frown

Anyone heard of NTM Co?

N
Originally Posted by sockets
Here are some vintage receptacles that I found today:
The outlets above from left to right are:
a Bryant "Twist Tite", 10A 250V or 15A 125V,
a Bell GFCI, Class A, Group 1, 15A 125V 60Hz (Co/ALR),
and Hubbell, 10A 250V or 15A 125V.

In case you can't see it, the bottom plug on the Hubbell is an ungrounded T slot. Does anyone know how old the other two are or come across them? I remember Square D had a GFCI like that Bell in the 1970s.

Just a FYI: Sq D used to own Bell prior to Bell being sold to Hubbell, their current owners.

I've picked up quite a few NT&M outlets during rewires. They seem to be from the 40's & 50's. They also seem to be built very similar to the Leviton that you have in the same photo.. The brown GE used to be popular at the local grocery stores & Kmart if iirc. The fragment single outlet is a prehistoric Hubbell from what I can tell.

S
sockets Offline OP
Thanks for the info on the GFCI. I think it's probably an older one, I also have a GE GFCI that I posted on here a while back.

Also, thanks for the info on NTM and that outlet fragment. If I had thought about it, the decoration on that fragment looks like the one on the clawfoot combo I just found.

I'm not sure how the clawfoot was supposed to be grounded. There's two terminals on each side of the device that have the word "connected" near them. On one side there is a space in between the terminals, covered with a piece of fiberboard that has "GR" printed next to it, but there's no terminal there. The metal strap also has "Grounded" printed on it, so maybe it was supposed to be grounded to the outlet box.

Link Copied to Clipboard