ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trumpy Offline OP
Guys,
As of late the Chat room we host here has had very few people actually use it with any great frequency, this is
irregardless of the couple of members here that are on there most nights of the week.

I've been signed in over there since 2pm this afternoon and I am still the sole person in the room, it is now 4:30pm, this is supposed to be on a Friday night, one of the biggest Chat nights in the past.

While I'd hate to see this service to our members taken out, it needs your support, I've made a LOT of friends over the years that it has been operating.
But if it isn't going to get used with more than 2-3 people, it might as well be canned.

I've also added a poll on this thread, meaning to ask if we should keep the Chat room open.
If you have never been in our Chat room, please don't vote.
Experience it first, before you comment.

Thanks,
Mike. wink

ECN Chat Poll
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 12/17/10 11:58 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
G
I don't know what happened but the chat room is saying I need a different version of Java

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I don't know what happened but the chat room is saying I need a different version of Java

Your coffee has gone cold, Greg. cool
Java regularly updates itself, but you can get the new stuff at Java.com

Keep the chat.. I may not have a lot of time to spend in there lately (working 50-60 hours/week lately), but I do remember many good times chatting away with other members/friends in the chat. It's also a great way for newbies to introduce themselves should they drop in on a Friday night.

Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by Lostazhell
It's also a great way for newbies to introduce themselves should they drop in on a Friday night.

While I agree with what you are saying Randy, this just hasn't happened in the last 9 months or so.
The Chat has become a situation of the same old same old thing.
It hurts me to say this, but if things are going to continue down this track, we seriously need to look at the effectiveness of the Chat room.
Don't get me wrong, I want this to carry on, but it can't without the help of the membership here, I mean, would you run a business that only catered to a certain few?

G
The problem is that if I download the latest Java another ap I use stops working.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy:
Two reasons you don't see very much of me in chat is, lack of free time, and the known fact that I type very slowly....

John
S
My schedule is anything but normal. Otherwise I'd be there more myself. Granted I have popped and and seen that no one was in there so I didn't log in. I guess several of us could say that

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
F
I will like to use the chat room more often but the way my work shedule is half way nutty but once it quiet down I will able to show up in the chat room more often.

Merci.
Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Trumpy Offline OP
Just a note guys, I'm in no way in favour of canning the Chat room at all.
All I wanted to do was gauge how the few people that use it, felt about where it was heading.

I guess it's a situation of people being so flat out earning a dollar these days (having said that, I'm in there a LOT less nowadays as well).

My apologies if I caused any sort of a panic amongst those that do use the Chat room, my delivery could have been a LOT better that it was. blush

Greg,
Yeah, I've been having a few problems with things Java on this computer as of late, on my laptop (that runs the same version), everything runs fine!
Search me.

dunno

Link Copied to Clipboard