ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
This is why I really like this website. Got a problem, lay it out and get some great ideas. Thanx for all the great ideas my fellow sparkians!

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Ever thought about a nibbling tool?
Not one of them manual things, but the one that either fits into a drill or the proper thing that is run by electricity or air?

I remember seeing a thing on TV here last year during one of the many Info-mercials I wake to in the morning, that gave a clean (not sharp) edge.
I'm not suggesting you buy one of THEM, but ask at your local Trade counter and see what they can do, if a guy on an Infomercial can use a nibbler, crikey, you're home and hosed! grin

G
I have an air nibbler and when I do it you think there was a bionic rat loose in there. The hole definitely looks chewed.

I'm sure there is a guy on TV who can cut perfect holes with one but I also see carny barkers who can throw that ring on the beer bottle every time from a meter away.

Greg Fretwell
F
I have couple diffrent verison of nibbers one is air and the other one is electrique verison.

Both do good job but just don't push them hard otherwise you will get jazzed edges which you will have to (BEEP)around with it later.

And make sure you have right nibbers due some are only work on thinner gauge and some will work just fine on thicker gauge so that the other item you have to look out for it.

Holesaw yeah .,,, I make myself a jig to hold the holesaw in place so it will not skew out of the place. { I made that from a peice of steel and milled out with CNC machine which I barter with one guy.

Die grinder it will work but just don't dwell at one spot too long otherwise you will have a major opps to deal with it.

Merci.
Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard