ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
I don't think Reno is really in Reno anymore but Squaw Valley is right up the road. They are farther down the mountain but I bet they get some snow. Probably about like a mid Atlantic state.

Greg Fretwell
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Greg:
It's nice that you read ALL the posts!!
Sometimes, I think I post with invisable ink!
We had a half inch snow squal run thru last nite. It's that time of the year here.
Based on Renos pics, it looks really 'flat' where he is/was.

John
F
Reno;

I have see that kind of crap before and I know last winter in Paris {France} someone did that arrangement simuair to your photo all it took a frontend loader tractor to rip the whole thing out { it pull out with big chunk of ice along the way }.

That was feed quite few parking lot luminaires and knock out about 3/4 of them and they were wired on 415 volts.

I think you should send the photo to the inspecton department to remind them to really watch the area more closer before someone will get hurt.

That kind of set up I see the photo that will pass?? JAMAIS

Whoever install that should rip that out and redo it in correct way.

Merci.
Marc

A side note I know someone mention snow and yeah I have snow in Paris { I am on east side so I will get it little sooner than west side of Paris }

Last edited by frenchelectrican; 12/10/10 07:29 AM.

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Cat Servant
Busted! You guyswon'tletme get away with ANYTHING laugh

Reno is often confused with Las Vegas, though one is a good 500 miles north of the other. At about 1 mile altitude, it sits right next to the Sierra Nevada mountains - think of them as a mile-high wall of rock on the west side of town, keeping the winter storms at bay. A 'typical' winter 'high' is perhaps 50, with a drop to 20 as soon as the sun sets. It doesn't snow in town often, but when it does, it falls 8" at a time.

However, these days I'm 'temporarily' working in Blytheville, Arkansas- which is about as different from Reno as you can get. Flat even by Illinois standards, the only 'hill' is the freeway overpass, and you have to go to a museum to look at a rock of any sort. Water table here is about 36", as we're right by the Mississippi river. Power lines have been known to break under the weight of roosting mosquitoes. Folks are nice, and do love their BBQ- "don't worry, it tastes just like possum."

I'd change my profile, but I keep hoping the economy will recover, and let me 'go home.'

Reno:

You could add 'temp. in Ark.' like Marc does when he goes btwn France and Wisconsin! LOL

Thanks for the explanation, yes I did relate Reno Nv to Vegas, but now I know better. Hopefully, the economy rebounds for you, and all the other guys!

Take care & stay safe!!

John
G
My wife used to live in Bentonville. She says she bets you are tired of rice.

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
Oh, I don't know .... it's just that I keep thinking I'll see a swarm of green helicopters overhead, with Wagner blaring from the speakers on the skids ....

Though - this year, at least - cotton seems to be the crop of choice, with some milo here and there. Plenty of 'allergies' when the planes spray the fields with the latest version of 'Agent Orange' before the harvest.

Two trade-related notes:
First off, I could never imagined the level of hackwork that is routine here. Even at the steel mill, where serious efforts are made to have proper installs, one need not look very hard to find some pretty basic errors.

The other is that, from looking at the statutes, Arkansas is a real contended for having the most demanding requirements for getting any manner of electricians' credentials.

At least on paper, this town nevertheless has a surprising number of licensed electrical contractors. There almost seems there's one on every corner. I don't know how they earn their living, though, as I have not seen any evidence of their work.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard