ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 546 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
HotLine1 #201436 05/31/11 11:04 PM
S
sparky Offline OP
thank you HotOne

~S~

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
sparky #201785 06/23/11 07:58 PM
~s~:

Bumping up, & hoping for a ststus update from you!!

John
HotLine1 #201789 06/23/11 09:47 PM
S
sparky Offline OP

thanks for the kick in the keester Hotone !

well, i've been a busy boy lately. I've just pulled a permit on the biggest (6000A) service of my career. 4000' of 4" emt ,and all the kibbles & bits just landed

I've spent countless hours researching code and/or material related details , all kinds of concerns

The son is a registered apprentice, and there's really no better job for him to start cracking the books on

That's been good for me too in fact, being that i now am obligated to actually explain things, i've invested in a 2011 handbook. You know it's so easy to become one of those crummegeon sparkies

I've completed my lead saftey course,(another pix license, good grief!) i'm about done with my on-line osha course, and am trying to set aside my heathen ways to be the good example for my son

I've invested in fall protection, steel toes, HH's, loto, etc,

heck, i might even have to start leaving the toilet seat down....

The owner sparky from down south, sensing i was slightly intimidated biting off more than i could chew, flew up with one of his top foremen to get us started, even brought a spankin' new Milwaukee bandsaw for the job
{i can't remember last i unpacked a new tool.....)

I'm on a regular pay schedule, i'm not coming home looking like a mud wrestler due to usual outside ditch work, i'm not having to explain gfi's afci's , or answering other repetitively inane questions to sorts that can't grasp simple concepts, i'm not in small claims court fighting for what i'm owed, or registering a lien @ town hall

these folks order all the materials, tools, lifts, etc...anything i need to get it done, they're looking to accommodate me, not for a piece of me , the dif is simply phenomenal

and all i have to do is show up, take my vitamins, and keep my antique postierior moving

life is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

~Sparky~

sparky #201797 06/24/11 11:05 AM
~S~:

Good for you!!! & Good for #1 son!!!!

Stay safe!! Thanks for the update.

John
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard