ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 279 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#197407 11/25/10 01:02 AM
Niko Offline OP
How long is your warranty policy on labor and material?

do you charge for labor if you have to change a part that is still under warranty?

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
it's pretty much considered a year, at least around here, for function. methinks one needs to separate function from asethics in the sense that i won't be aproached because you wanted white devicing, and they get dirty quicker.

next there's the consideration of design and usage. for instance, i installed a rotophase to a disco exclusively for machine A

the biz owner introduces machine B, and wishes to utilize the same rotophase

unfortunately the rotophase was sized for only machine A

so, the usage is to be non symutanious loads for the sake of the rotophase

should an employee violate this usage, then the design is violated as well

that said, if there is no abuse, i will eat the part at no cost to the customer

my numero uno diet of the last decade?

AFCI's....

~S~

Usually 1 year from install. This is were the box stores begin to lose there appeal, when I get "what if I supply the material" comment.

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Niko Offline OP
I had a two year warranty for a while but now I have a 5 year warranty on my labor and workmanship. But if there is ANY sign that someone has tried to rework my installation or has tried to add to my installation the warranty is void.

The material warranty is the manufacturer warranty. Depending on the client I may or may not charge for that part to be replaced that is still under manufacturer warranty.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

M
Materials according to their warranttee. Labour for a real long time if it was my error. No waranttee on owner supplied material or machines except if the machine said 208 volts and i connected 600 then I might entertain the claim.
What was our agreement too.

The answer to the customer is 1 year from the date of acceptance and the bills are paid. Nothing like providing a warrantte service when i am in a dispute for payment.

Since it has been a lot of years since i did an install I can say all my warantees have expired.

K
One full year on materials and labor from the date of installation seems to be the industry standard in my area, so that‘s what I offer.
Unless of course I don’t supply the materials, then I offer an exclusive taillight warranty. That being, all work is fully warranted for as long as you can see my taillights.
This is my extended version of the standard tailgate warranty. It gives those value conscious customers a few extra seconds of additional coverage when I leave after sundown. smile

F
Most case for the warranty work I cover it for a year unless the manufacter product have longer warranty peroid then I honder it longer.

But if anyone did tamper or add or remove items as I done the warranty do voided.

That case it did happend to me twice so far and the customer learn a lesson they key issue was the unpermited work show up that how I caught it.

One of my good tacic I do use from time to time is check the customer place like 8 month to follow up to see how it goes plus it a good opperonty to fix any issue during that time peroid and a hidden excuse to catch any volations which I have see it from time to time.

Merci.
Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Link Copied to Clipboard