ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 266 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#197200 11/14/10 05:06 PM
So the holidays are upon us. Any special holiday marketing or advertising being done?
We send x-mass cards to all who did business with us in the current year. My wife hand writes each card. Gives that personal touch!

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Christmas cards were about all the marketing I did also. Cards went to the active customer base. And, all those who I had any personal contact with during the holiday season received warm & hearty holiday grretings. Political correctness aside!

John
S
Happy non denominational winter solstice?

well if it comes back your way, sure

the basic jist is "hey i'm still here, and available for any work"

my thing is a monthly "electrical tip" , via our website, electronically

yes, now you can spam educate customers , save a tree for the green machine, and advertise virtually free all in one click!

~S~

Good idea Sparky!

My wife commented a few days ago about the 'electronic cards' that we get from friends who are 'green'.

Personally, I still like the 'feel' of paper in my hands.

John
We like the paper cards as well. My wife puts them on our door and wall. Not many people see them however. We do get alot of work from them in years past. Even had to hold them a week to keep from being swamped right before X-mass. Its bad enough I am usally out X-mas eve helping somone. Interesting side note when we first started sending them out we didn't put business cards in them. We actually had numerous complaints. People were reminded they had things to call about, and had to look us up. LOL

Now they all get cards!

Ob

T
Not a bad time to offer GFCI retrofits for out door festive lights.

There are still a lot of older homes that have no shock protection on garage circuits.

And since business is so slow, offer to string up the lights... and then poke around the house looking for other up-sales.

Smart switches, being at the top of the list.

Tesla
Tesla #197373 11/24/10 04:17 AM
I am signed with a unique system that i can use my handwriting, a personalized card, option to choose 1000s more cards, and send it to hundreds of clients with one shot for about $1 per card, including postage. The clients gets a personalized hand written card that makes them feel special.
Even with some of the close clients, i know their anniversary and Birthdays which the system automatically reminds me.

I haven't sent any cards this year but previous years I sent cards 4 times a year and it has worked with return business.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

Niko #197375 11/24/10 04:28 AM
G
When my wife was in the HVAC business they got more response with refrigerator magnets than any other mailed out ad device. People would have them on the fridge for years and when they needed AC work the name was right there in their face. Just be sure the magnet is strong enough to hold up a note or a Dominos coupon so they will use it.

Greg Fretwell
G
I find myself calling the businesses on the magnets first when I need something.
Their number is right in front of my face since I use it to tack bills and stuff on the refrigerator door.

I think it works because everything else has the potential to get buried under other stuff, stuck in a drawer or pitched out with the annual spring cleaning.

Ghost307
I have had much succes with little screwdrivers. They seem to hang around pencil holders junk drawers stc.

Ob

Link Copied to Clipboard