ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 518 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Thanks everyone.
After reading through the code I thought a split bolt wound be correct but it is nice to get confirmation from other professionals.

I have done a few of these now and I have never run one to the main panel. It is a bond. The bonding conductor(#6) goes from the end of the yellow pipe to the black pipe or the manifold. Some places may require the black pipe to be grounded but most do not. It is not to be used as a grounding electrode conductor. This way if the service gets hit the gas is still OK. The bond is to keep currant off the yellow pipe if the gas line were hit or the appliance were to be hit or short. Either way whether you ground the gas line or not the bond must be run from the gas pipe to the appliance parallel to the yellow pipe. I come accross this incorect installation quite often as of late.

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
S
Does the trac pipe carry any ground or does every litte piece need to have a jumper to the black pipe. I bonded one the other day from the connector to the black pipe. Just curious about the internal bonding capabilities of the stuff.

Thats the problem the yellow flex pipe can not carry the current and needs the bond to protect it. You did good! LOL

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard