ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#195478 08/05/10 04:38 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
I realise that you guys from on the upper hemisphere are going through a bad summer.
What is going on with respect to electrical work in your part of the world?
Are you busy, are you doing enough to earn a wage?

This thread is also open to those of you from Australia, South Africa and anyone else that is not from the US.

S
met a few French EC's recently

there's the economic 'moderation', but they also lamented the gov being on their backs a real chore

~S~

W
In a little bit of slow down right not, first time this
year, but we did a tearout of a 4000 amp switchgear a while back and part of the contract was cleanup of all scrap. Got several thousand pounds of copper scrap which will fill the gap until things get moving again. The phone has been ringing some this week with some weather related callouts, and we have a few irons getting warm in the fire so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
M
The local economy has weathered this latest example of ecenomic collaps caused by insane financial policies and greed. Thankfully the Canadian Government has placed much stricter financial rules on the greedy.
That said the job market is bad and has been for 2 years so new construction has ebbed in the residential areas but renovations are up as well as conversions to higher densities IE making duplexes out of SFDs.
I think the bigger projects are a few years from restarting or even getting built. We have a few holes in the ground and a number of projects waiting for the next phase of development. Real estate speculation has hurt condo sales. Ie only people planning to live there are currently buying condos and the flippers are holding (good thing in my mind)
I think we are yet to feel the worst of this economy and the tourism dollars are definitely down.

Link Copied to Clipboard