ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 520 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
I just got it at Barnes and Noble also. Yes to both highlight and sticky note comments using reader. I wish I could put it on my iPhone, but I'm scared to try. They are so anal about it. There is a special plugin required to open it that probably rats you out to them if you try to open it on another computer. They'll want another $76.50 as it is available through the NFPA website also, which stinks because I am the only one in my company(!) and I would like a copy on my iPhone and laptop also. That would be three digital copies plus the hard copy? Give me a stinkin break...

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

F
Just called the NFPA customer order dept about this issue and the lady there was very helpful. She explained that although the download said it was only good for one download, that in fact I could put it onto my laptop also! She went into my account and reset the expiration date from the normal 7 days to almost a month and a half which is when I should have my new laptop by. They are working on the iPhone app as well, but as of this time it isn't available. My suggestion is to call them if you want to put it onto another one of your own personal computers just to be safe. I suggested to her that they should through in the iPhone/smartphone app with the deal also, but we'll have to wait to see where that goes(not holding my breath). Also, for those of you doing fire alarm installations, I mentioned that the NFPA 72 completion certificate required to be filled out after an installation is not available in any editable form to fill out, and that that is pretty bogus also. Again, not holding my breath.

Fish:
having the '11 NEC in your iPhone? Do you download it to the phone, or have wireless access to it?

John
F
I have a couple of apps that allow me to use my phone's memory like a USB zip drive(Air Sharing, files2 and documents 2), but although I can read other acrobat files on my phone, this one is encrypted, and the little "file open" plug-in required on a PC won't install on my phone, so we will have to wait for a new 2011 NEC iPhone app, possibly like the $75 2008 NEC edition app (but it is missing the tables and charts). Hopefully the new edition app will be better, or, even better, the NFPA will include it in the cost of the regular PDF download, WHICH THEY SHOULD!!!

Doug

Sounds like it may be time to buy a new cell phane, amazing what it sounds like they can do!

The things that I 'learn' here......

John
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard