ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Should be a NEC Requirement?? IMHO, NO!, but I'll have to enforce it!!

I agree. Right or wrong, it will be the code and we are obligated. we had our chance to voice it and we didn't. still FUBAR though. smile

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Cat Servant
Voice your opinion? You're doing that now - and, for all we know, comments here are read by the committee members.

Moreover, it's not a 'done deal' until the new code is accepted by the NFPA in their conventions. Changes CAN happen - my own proposal regarding closet lights was one such example.

(In that one, I only made the original proposal ... others did all the fighting).

Finally, there is still the matter of local adoption. I love how the new NEC is always presented as 'widely recognized,' when it is no such thing. It isn't recognized until YOU recognize it. Nor is it for you to justify your position; as the AHJ, it's up to them to make their case to you.

G
Sorry Reno, this one is a done deal. The period for comments closed Nov 21, 09. This is at the printers as we speak and the books will hit the street soon.
The only circuit breaker left is for the AHJ to pull out this rule when they adopt the code.

insert gripe about short code cycle here < >

There was ONE comment ... about making sure the installed raceway was big enough for an additional wire.

You might want to bookmark this page. It is the ROP and ROC link.
http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/AboutTheCodes.asp?DocNum=70&cookie_test=1

Greg Fretwell
Here in NJ it is the DCA (State) that can amend items within the NEC that they adopt as our Electrical Subcode (5:23-3.16)

We're still awaiting the revised/updated version of our "Rehab Code" (5:23-6) with references to items within the '08 NEC. Perhaps they will address and get it out before the '11 books and CEU time hit the streets

John
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard