ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 255 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19480 12/29/02 09:53 AM
E
.....and the dog won! ***MESSAGE TO HOMEOWNERS*** Your little mut is not as cute to me as it is to you. If you want the work done you must accept this. I will not be arranging my work areas around wherever little precious wants to be at the time. Thank you for understanding. Now could you remove this little bastard from my hand and pass me the first aid kit. AGHHH!

S
I have run into the same. Customer leaves door open for me while they are out and I am face to face with fangs.

P.S. Please don't let the cat out.

My other favorite is guys that insist on bringing their dogs to the job sites. I love dogs and have one myself, but they do not belong on jobsites.

W
While working at a Veterinary Clinic, where all the animals are kept under close supervision, I received a phone call from a man who needed help, I think it was a bad breaker. he gave me his address and number and I said I would be there shortly. His last words to me were, Oh and by the way you are not afraid of animals are you, and I said as long as they behave, No. he said Ok, cause I have a dog, ok No problem.
Got there and he had the garage door open, went in and there was this huge , huge dog. I had never seen a dog that big, on the hoof he must of weighed 200 pounds, and his head look like a lion, it was a Mastif, My Gawd , those animals are large. But friendly he wouldnt leave me alone, they call them the gentle giants, appropriate name too,
Then on the other hand its the little one that drive me nutz, they yelp and nip at your heels, and the owner says oh he wont hurt as the little teeth bite into my ankle.

WOC

S
nothing like having the customer open a door for you to come face to face with rin-tin-tubby eh?

may you heal quickly E-Scott

( maybe you could carry some scobby snacks?) [Linked Image]

I agree, dogs don't belong on jobsites. And homeowners should confine the pets to either the exterior, or in a cage.

My comments are not ment to be "cruel" to the pets, as I have a german shepherd, and she can be a big pain & get in the way real easy.

I've come across, dogs of varying demeanor, cats that either run, rub against me, or hiss & take a claw to my jean cuffs, skwaking birds, loose ferrets, a guy with a real big snake on his shoulders, a guy with a iguana, & a few assorted people who should be in cages during inspections.

John

John
S
Went to check a job once where I knew there was a mean German Shephard. I didn't see him anywhere, so I proceeded to get out and go to the passenger side of my van to get my tools. As I went around, I spotted him in the bushes, just about the time he spotted me. We both started running at the same time, but I was running away, and he was running TO. I barely got the passenger door shut, before he got a chunk out of my leg [Linked Image] You would have had to been there to appreciate it [Linked Image]

H
Scott,

That goes for inspectors too! I was sent out by a commiteeman from one of the towns that I work in. I asked him if it was township policy for people to walk into houses without the homeowner being there. He said," Not really, but in this case, this is a friend of mine." Well, as I walked in, I wasn't sure what I was inspecting, but I wasn't EXPECTING a dog! Now I too get along great with dogs, and I had some my self along the way. However you never know what the dog is thinking when you walk into their house, and they don't know who you are. They just want to defend themselves. Luckly, this dog was friendly and e got along real nice. That isn't always the case though. Too many people in the service trade, plumbers, electrical contractors, carpenters, even mailmen get bit ever year. This isn't fair to us and our insurance company isn't happy. The last thing that bothers me is that the homeowner always says, "Oh don't worry, he DOESN'T BITE!" Yeah right!

Harold

H
Student days, mailman for the lead up to Christmas - UK, hard frost on ground – black ice and concrete driveways down to house front door with deliveries. Bolt out the blue, small s**t-hound comes galloping up very fast and bites me in the ankle. Lucky for me it is so cold that winter that I’m wearing two pairs of corduroy trousers and all I feel is the lips whilst his teeth sink into the cloth. Try and turn to retaliate but the ice underfoot, with mail sack, precludes any offensive action and off it runs. Greatly annoyed by this assault.

Easter the following year, market place in the center of town, visiting from college between terms. I spot the dog – it spots me, and the animosity is there. This time I have a firm footing underneath and as he lunges, I am about to kick him into next week (with interest) a little old lady checks him on the end of a long leash… I could see the headline now in the local paper…

“Young yobo kicks pensioner’s dog to death!!”

I withdrew from the fray and could hear in my mind my old man saying, “…but life is not fair son!”.

Then again. There was this house where the canine occupant (very large) would come running at the front door and hurl itself at the glass window beside it just as I was posting the mail through the slot (in the UK mail is delivered into the house rather than a mail box). I have to confess that its antics always took me by surprise and scared the s**t out of me – I swear, one of these days it would burst though the glass! In addition it would snatch away, with vigor, any mail item that I offered through the owner’s slot such that I looked out for my fingers.

On my last round of the season the Fates smiled on me and a copy of the Fisherman’s Times was destined for the large dog household. As an act of revenge, I proffered the chronicle through the slot in the door and held on tight to the other end. The action was savage and I was sure that very little readable material made it his master. I departed with a smug feeling his time was yet to come when the master came home …… [Linked Image]

R
Here's one a little off the subject. Over the summer I was wiring a 2 story bumped out addition on a home with 3 other guys. The addition only had the plywood on, no windows in yet. While working up in the second floors ceiling, where the new and old attics meet, I moved a piece of plywood, and bats came out from everywhere swooping down from the attic trying to fly out one of the second floors openings. What a sight to see three 200 pound tough guys running around with there hands in the air screaming louder the any woman I ever heard. Ok I lied make that 4 guys. guess you had to be there

R
One more. While doing a service I was entering all the cables into the new panel stripping them and dropping all the sheathing and garbage on the floor ( I usualy sweep everything up when I'm done) when I noticed my pile had gotten very small. The homeowner asks me to come up stairs for a second, and proceeds to show me the dogs bed in the kitchen where there is a happy dog with all his new toys. He had taken all the garbage 2 screwdrivers, 1 greenlee tester and a few of the old breakers back to his bed. I seen him come down to the basement a few times ,but never seen him take a thing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard