ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
mj Offline
put the dog up,or get someone else to do the work ! but..." he want bite you ".we as electricians have enough to fear then to fear of being attacked by a pet, this souuld not be an extra hazard of the job. dogs are nice until one bites you, then you have to go in for shots,etc.. " dog lovers, please secure you animals" when someone is working at your home or business.

W
Back before leash laws here, use to be dogs roaming all over the place in my town. I was a paper boy at the time. Had a 10 speed. I remember this one dog just kept coming at me, I would boot him right in the face several times. He kept at me till he got tired of chasing. Another dog bit me behind the leg as I was getting up on my bike. There was a state tropper who owned 3 pretty mean german shepards, he use to let them run around, they cornered me across the street from their home, started growling, thought I was a dead kid till the owner whistled them back home. There was a case just recently on TV where a women was mauled to death in her appartment complex because the owners never tied him or left him inside. She had asked the owners several times to restrain him. SHe had to peak out her door to see if the dog was loose. One day the dog got her and it was all over. A Dog is no better than the owner who raises them.

AHHHHH.... one of the perks of doing commercial electrical.......No pets...but hmmmmm...what is worse a 277 bite or a dog bite.

H
Electure,

Yeah, that was what that little mutt was saying to me. [Linked Image] You talk about children though, we were doing a job and when we got done, we usually clean up. One time I guess everything wasn't cleaned up in this addtion, the homeowner let there children play in the construction area. There must have been a small piece of bare wire, and the kid stuck it into a working outlet in the othere section of the house. Kid got a shock, wasn't hurt, but it could have been worse. The blame would have to be on both parties. My guys didn't clean all of their mess. (Even though the job was under construction) and the homeowner shouldn't have let their kid play in the construction site. (It was a new addition to the house.)

T
No, wasn't the AHJ, don't have that in Austria. Maybe their boss. [Linked Image]
Licensed electricians are allowed to work without having any inspections or like, if a homeowner wants to to any work s/he has to have it checked by an electrician, officially the electrician has done the wiring.
The lady who lives there commented: Hey, you got a new apprentice!

N
You should do what we were told by the local cable company... this is a quote from our actual flyer..

"Remove the dog from the backyard area, or no service will be provided..."

Later on down the deal..

Any dogs, thought to be hostile by the tech's will be pepper spray'd, and detained..

I have only had to pepper spray a dog twice in my two yrs on the job as a cable contractor, and I always thought it was a stupid thing to have in my tool belt until that stupid dog thought my skiny leg and thank god for lineman's boots.. rotfl Dog got a face full of pepper spray, and i got three stiches above the knee and then 15 on the 2nd and last one (wasnt wearing my knee highs...).. I quit after that..

See it could be worse.. well at least i hope you got no stiches or shots, those things really hurt...

E
No major damage was sustained! The customer was very appologetic and wasted no time in paying the bill!

F
I've had a few run ins with dogs myself through the years, mostly when I worked as a delivery driver for a local lumber company. Once, while I was trying to find a customers house in a neighborhood, I had a big german sheperd chase the truck down the street jumping up on the running board as I went. I reached for the door handle and waited until it jumped up again then flung the door open. I hit the dog square and sent him flying into a ditch, yelping as he rolled over and over. Looked in the rear view mirror and he was after the truck again as soon as he got back on his feet. I stepped on the gas and got out of there.

Another time, I was delivering a load of lumber to a mobile home that was being remodeled. Sign on the gate said "Beware of Dog" but I didn't see fido anywhere. Yard was completly fenced in, so I opened the gate, closed it behind me, and made my way to the front door. About three quarters of the way there I found out where the dog was hiding-under the trailer. He shot out from under there and the race was on. I had enough speed going that by the time I reached the gate I didn't have to open it. I cleared it in one leap. The carpenter watched the whole show from inside the house. Got quite a kick out of it too. Even after the owner chained up the dog I still didn't want to go back in the yard. I handed the lumber to them over the fence.

W
I had a "good dog" keep trying for my leg as I passed,back and forth, thru the gate to the back yard.

I finally clubbed him with a set of refrigeration gauges. He did his barking from the other side of the house for the remainder of the servcie call.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard