ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 331 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JoeKP Offline OP
i dont worry about it, I hold the only set of keys for the tractor and locks, and I am the ONLY one that uses it/touches it.
here is how it looks with the inverter on it
[Linked Image from i245.photobucket.com]

-Joe
“then we'll glue em' then screw em'”
-Tom Silva
TOH
G
Do you want me to send you some hard service cord for that 120v plug? Maybe some "caterpillar grommet" material for the metal edges it runs over?
That is the computer service planning guy talking, not even the inspector.
wink

Greg Fretwell
JoeKP Offline OP
if you want to pay to send it to me, i was just gonna attach some flex under there... but i would like some quality cord smile

-Joe
“then we'll glue em' then screw em'”
-Tom Silva
TOH
G
What's your address? I will send you a few feet of SJOW

Greg Fretwell
What do you need the AC for? Watching DVDs while mowing the lawn?

I echo the comment of noderaser, WHY?
I can understand people having these sorts of things in a car or in a truck, but on a ride-on lawn-mower?!!

Unreal. crazy

One thing that a lot of people seem to forget about inverters, is that the output will kill you just as dead as the mains that come into your house.
I'm not sure wether it is the fact that they run off of a battery, but some people don't seem to be able to see that 120V no matter what it is derived from, is just as lethal as any house supply.

A big thing in Aussie when I was there was the Inverter power supply, we are just starting to have every guy and thier dog installing these things over here off of Solar panels feeding a bank of batteries and into the inverter.
One guy thought he would run a "secondary" power system in his house using lamp cord.

5 lamp cords out of one plug-top and up into the cieling they went.

One last thing, if you buy a cheap inverter and load it anywhere near it's capacity (true for the cheaper square-wave inverters) you can actually knock out your whole neighbourhoods AM, FM and to a degree TV signals as well, with a steady stream of harmonics from the inverter unit.

If this had been posted by Harry Homeowner, it would have been deleted or locked, now wouldn't it? Joe, the experienced electricians here have been really too polite. You're young, but you're not immortal I assure you. C'mon, take their advice and safe this thing up before you get yourself [or someone you love] hurt.

Last edited by Alan Belson; 04/06/10 09:23 AM.

Wood work but can't!
Good point Alan,
Personally, I'd move to lock this thread, I don't think that it in itself, is becoming of a Forum such as this to have threads like this here.
We have enough problems with the pictures from so called "electricians", in the Violations Area.
On the face of this, I am going to lock this thread, if you have a problem with this, PM me and we'll discuss it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard