ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#19273 01/07/03 08:55 AM
H
tsolanto - im with you. the last few days I have been feeling the pain from a slacking builder that won't drop a check in the mail - he must be playing golf - no wait - its snowing...

#19274 01/07/03 09:14 PM
H
Trumpy,

Here in NJ the state actualy was trying to get laws passed called "Sub Contractor" laws.(or something like that) These laws were suppose to hold a general contractor (GC) liable, until all of the subs got paid. Also a sub would have to put a lien on a house "Before" the house was started. Once you did that, the homeowner got mad at us and changed contractors. Again a new law allows us to put a lien on the house even after the house was started. I hope the goverment gets smart enough to help these people get what they earned for a living. It actually would be to the goverments benifit. This way they can TAX us on all the money that they help us earn. After all if we don't get the money, then we can pay our taxes! HMMM?!?! Maybe I should rethink this?

#19275 01/08/03 01:33 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Harold,
We used to have a clause in the Contractors contract over here, it was called a "Paid-if-paid" clause, we were encouraged to strike this clause out by the NZSCA(NZ Sub-Contractors Association), this was formed after all of the crap that happened,when the building companies here went bust!.
As an insult to injury, most of the builders had also used up all of the Subbies good-will,with their suppliers, they they could not get credit to start the next job, to work themselves out of debt. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard