ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Originally Posted by Jim M
I owe probably both my eyes to a rare decision to wear safety glasses. I was hanging a new service with the old service still in place and energized. The hot splices were bare and I did not know it. The new neutral shorted them out about 2' from my face. Left rurn marks in both my glasses and my coat.

What about the run marks in the shorts smile
Glad you came out OK

Last edited by forqnc; 02/26/10 01:55 PM.
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Cat Servant
I've recently taken to wearing safety glasses that have built-in reading glasses .... I seem to have some trouble reading forms these days!

Non-prescription, can be found at tool houses and even some hardware stores.

G
I also notice they are making the embossed writing on device straps and fuse caps harder to read too.
When was the last time you could read that little tag in the wiring bay of a QO breaker? wink

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I also notice they are making the embossed writing on device straps and fuse caps harder to read too.
When was the last time you could read that little tag in the wiring bay of a QO breaker? wink

Greg,
This is one thing that annoys me about the way electronics manufacturing is heading, tried reading the value codes on SMD resistors and capacitors?

One good thing about the way safety glasses have progressed in their styling, is that you see a lot more younger people wearing them on building sites (even if they are on their caps when they don't need them on).

20 years ago, you would never have seen people with goggles on their heads unless they needed them, otherwise they would be relegated to the work truck, which meant you had to go and get them if you needed them, some people thought that was too much of a stretch, this is how eye injuries occur.

Stay safe, folks. cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard