ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#192326 02/07/10 06:35 PM
M
Ive been in buisnes here in ky for 6 years and am now wanting to start a scheduled lighting program program in my area. Would someone be willing to show me there contract for this. And if not maybe even there sales brochure for selling this to the customer. By the way this is for indoor like office spaces or grocery stores. Thanks Stan

Last edited by mossyoak660; 02/07/10 06:41 PM.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Mossyoak660:

Welcome to ECN!

Are you looking for a presentation for energy efficient lighting retrofits ??
I used to do a site visit, detail the existing lighting (fixture condition, lamp type, ballast type); talk to the prospective client to get a 'feel' of what they were looking for. And a copy of their latest electric bill.

Presentation consisted of detailing the existing lighting load calcs and detailing the proposed energy eff retro to show a cost savings. Factor in lamp maintenance IF that is a factor, along with ilumination levels. Then take the estimated cost of the job, vs the savings to get a payback period (ROI)

Hope this helps

John
M
No i mean like a plan were we go in and replace lamps and ballast every month for a small price but also make money from material sales.

Stan:

OK, now we know where you want to go with this.

You're looking for a lighting maintenance contract/agreement.

My contracting business provided ltg maint for a national chain; we had a negotiated hourly rate for labor (with a base trip charge) and any materials we supplied were at 'cost plus'. The first hour was $xx, which included travel/trip costs with a hourly rate over the first hour. Materials was an 'average cost' plus 35% MU.

You have to negotiate/offer an hourly rate that goes with your locality, and remember you will have to 'stock' materials; bulbs, ballasts, etc.

Hope this helps, and perhaps someone else can jump in.

John
R
You will probably need to add site lighting in the contract we have a mall that we contract the lighting for and to land it we had to include area lighting and paking lot lites this meant purchasing a bucket van.Negotiate a flat rate it will hurt a little up front as you do needed repairs but will pay off later,some months we have no repairs and still get paid.

Rewire #192443 02/13/10 11:50 PM
F
I am on the same page as Rewire make sure you get contract for replacing the bulbs plus any other related items to the luminaires and expect after hours changing espcally with mall or large parking lot luminaires it the best to do it during nite time when the parking lot is empty or very few vechiles parking on the lot so you don't have to really have to make a fancy move to get to the lumiaire ditto with inside as well just prepare to get couple diffrent lifts in case they have light floor load rating.

And make sure you have couple case of common bulb sizes plus ballast as need to be used on site.

Anything more than simple repair you will have to draw up new contract with that situation.
{ that happend to me more than once }

Merci,Marc

Last edited by frenchelectrican; 02/13/10 11:51 PM. Reason: fix the spelling for one member { opps }

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

R
You will also need more liability insurance we had to bump to 3 mil on liability to satisfy corporate.

Link Copied to Clipboard