ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
JohnnyB Offline OP
A job, retro fit all new HID or electronic ballasts based on electrical cost savings.
http://www.advancetransformer.com/literature/pdf/CO-7030-AN.pdf

JohnnyB:
We have done quite a few ballast retrofit jobs in the past, based on the energy savings calculated.
Our local utilities have run various rebate programs over the years, and the savings were quite substantial.
I didn't read the link you attached, but I believe this is what you were referencing.

Matter of fact, there were a lot of "contractors" that only did "retrofits", and accepted the utility co. rebate as "payment in full" for the work. (We did not)
John

John
J
JohnnyB Offline OP
Man, that sounds like a good deal for everyone. That link is to a PDF file from Advance Transformer, which by the way is just down the street here, on cost per year if they don’t upgrade to electronic. These are like sped sheets showing old magnetic ballasts and their new electronic products. Some were like 80-100$ per 6500hours annual usage per fixture. I do so many repairs on HID, office lighting and such that sometimes I'm like why bother to re-lamp or ballast these old fixtures because they are so old and inefficient. The problem I run into is that the biz that occupy the spaces are leasing and they don’t want to pay to upgrade stuff that they are not going to take with them. The property managers don’t pay the electric bills so they don’t care. The owners don’t know any better and don’t really have anything personal at stake. They are leased by brokers and they don’t know anything really. I am trying to get an angle because I know that the recommendations from a guy in the field doing the work carry more weight than some suit.

Does anyone know of a link to get the info on rebates from gov or local utility? We are Com Ed and I've looked but to no avail

Link Copied to Clipboard