ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
I reckon you've all jinxed me talking about this..... Got up this morning and found the load I put in to do overnight still damp in the machine.

Looks like a Sunday afernoon pulling out the washer and removing panels. [Linked Image]

C
C-H Offline OP
How long does it take for an American washing machine to finish?

Here "semicommercial" ones, the type you share with your neighbours, take about one hour. Ordinary household machines twice that.

How long does it take for the dryer to finish? (Same as above)

N
My MAYTAG TOP LOADER TAKE ABOUT 30 MIN TO WASH AND 1970'S WHIRLPOOL ELEC. DRYER TAKES ABOUT 70 MINS. TO DRY A LOAD, ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC THE WASHER REPLACED ANOTHER MAYTAG 4 YEARS AGO THAT WAS BUILT IN 1967.

SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS!

S
Our washing machine is a hand-me-down from my aunt that was going to the junk pile even though it was in fairly good condition.

It takes about 20 minutes to do a wash-load.

Our dryer is a tiny all-electric 110-volt/15 amp Crosley-brand machine (made by Whirlpool) it's one of those that exhuasts out into a canister of water to filter out the lint.

It's tiny and slow, however. It was the only thing we could squeeze into a little apartment (and mount on a shelf!!)

Takes about an hour or so depending on the load. Usually have to supplement using the coin-operated huge gas-fired dryer in the basement (that take about 20-30 minutes to dry a full load).

The washing machine doesn't have a heater. It connects to the kitchen sink through a snap coupling and you regulate the water pressure and temperature by opening and closing the taps.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard