ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, gfretwell), 527 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat Servant
OK, the owners have made their sale, and are willing to let me share some information about this house:

Location is Port Richey, Fla. The house was built in 1976, with the pool and screen room added in 1982.

Since the pictures were taken, the screen room and roof over the pool have been removed. The pool remains.

G
I had the approximate latitude right ;-)
You can tell a lot by the palms people choose.

I am surprised by the date of the screen cage. That was a very substantial construction for a "pre-Andrew" screen cage.
The cable anchors in those days was usually just an eye bolt. Roof members were usually 2x4 and those looked like 2x6. Now it is 2x8.

Why did they take the screen cage down? That will increase their pool maintenance, not to mention the bug issue. There will be a real sticker shock if they decide they want a new one.

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
The home was bought, and remodeled, specifically for the purpose of resale. The 'flipper' thought that the screen house required far too much repair, and was ugly as well. They also assert that it's not necessary as they don't have a 'bug problem' there.

Having been stuck with this house for three years, they were absolutely horrified to find I had posted pics here - fearing that there would be some last-minute problem with the sale.

G
The other problem, beyond the bugs, is going to be the trees. That queen palm next to the pool will be dropping all sorts of stuff in the pool. They have the $40 trim on it in that picture but when it grows out it will have a 5 foot long flower pod or two that drop little yellow flowers everywhere. Later it will be dropping marble sized nuts.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard