ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
More news on the iPhone....
On the radio I was listening to Leo LaPorte's ("the tech guy") show

The iPhone has a "fart" application (sort of an electronic whoopee-cushion) that sounds the tone when you hit one of the keys.

.....Just in case somebody feels the need to have that option. crazy

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:

G
I like phones that you can remove viruses from with a little spritz of lysol.

[Linked Image from en.wikipedia.org]

Greg Fretwell
J

S
Originally Posted by electure

The iPhone has a "fart" application...

there are all those useless apps like there is a zippo lighter app. You can flick you iPhone to light it just like you do in real life and you can even blow on the flame and it flicker "in the wind". Need a level? These's an app for that. Need a inclimeter? There's an app for that. want to play air hocky? Theres an app for that.

I got an "GPS" app which feeds off of the cell tower locations and can calculate where you are. Then it plots it on a google map. It was spot on when I was in Juneau but it only works good where Google has hi-res pictures. It would be an excellent tool for service calls if you do not want to invest in to real GPS navigation.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
W
I read today where Apple will have a CDMA iPhone in the 4 quarter of 2010 for use on Verizon
http://cody.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2009/11/09/verizon-to-get-iphone-for-xmas-2010/

G
My wife's Blackberry GPS app was a whole lot better than the 2 real GPSs I had in California a few months ago.
She was locking into a location and I was still waving my GPS in he air looking for 3 satellites.

Greg Fretwell
Reading this thread puts me into the 'stoneage'. Yes, I have a cell, & had one since they were the size of a small PC, bolted into my van. I have an AT&T LG phone, with a whole bunch of features I don't have a clue about. As to GPS, when the need arises, I use a paper map, or prepare via Google Earth, or Mapquest. As to all the 'apps' for the smart phones or a Blackberry device, probably not.

It's really great that all you guys have and use the technology, I must be in the generation gap!

John
G
I still have a motorola "bag" phone bolted in my car. I turn it on now and then and it still seems to have service but they want a credit card number and a couple bucks a minute.
It might be worth it if I was stranded tho. I think 911 will work too but I have had no reason to try it.

Greg Fretwell
M
Greg, 911 is suppose to work on all cell phones in tower range even if they are not subscribed to a service provider. The down side is if there is a disconnect they can't call you back.

If your bag phone is working it must be a newer digital one as most of the providers have turned off analogue service which were the 1st bag phones. They sure had better range than the new pocket size ones.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard