ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Why does the Delaware River and Bay Authority feel that they don't need permits and inspections on building built on their property?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
B
Sounds almost like they are abusing the 1732 “stone walls, sod roof, storage for cannon balls on alternate Tuesdays” exemption.

Joe:
Are the buildings on the New Jersy side???

They may apply for permits to the State of NJ instead of the town/city if there property falls under direct DCA supervision.

Please advise..

John

John
T
President Harry S. Truman signed a bill creating the Delaware River Port Authority. Is that the agency to which you refer?
http://www.rve.com/news/back_issues/volume2_issue3/drpa.htm

There is also an entry in the archived guestbook on this site that might give you some leads.

M
mj Offline
i have a problem with the "exepmt buildings also. in my area, buildings that are owned by the county but are located in the city are exempted from all building inspections. however, when there is a fire in one of those exempted building, the city fire department has to respond . i think thats a dump rule... if you do not want building inspections, you sould have your own fire and police services to answer the calls.

S
I work for a city governmnet. Technically we are supposed to inspect ourselves (like that will ever happen). From plugs and fixtures danleling from their wires to breaker panels designed with exposed busses on the front [Linked Image] (sorry they won't let me take pictures) I have seen much to inspire fear. Every once an a while they get a saftey rumble from the state OSHA office but it never seems to amount to anything. If you want to see something really scary, check out your inspector's office wiring someday.

SD

SD
It is best for a leader to be both feared and loved. But since this usually cannot be done, it is safer to be feared.
R
In Illinois the local fire and building inspectors do not have authority in schools. This is reserved to the State Board of Education.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
R
Joe, is this entity a Federal entity? If so, they are exempt from any local (state, county, city) inspection processes. Should they get inspections? Certainly. Looks like time to spread the word about electrical safety within the federal government. Don't beat anyone over the head, just make your point, which I am sure you of all people can do.

Rick Miell

Joe, is this entity a Federal entity?

ANSWER: No

If so, they are exempt from any local (state, county, city) inspection processes.

YES THAT IS TRUE!!

Should they get inspections?

Certainly.

Thanks, I AGREE!!

Looks like time to spread the word about electrical safety within the federal government.

IT IS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE, IT A LICENSING AND INSPECTION ISSUE!!

Don't beat anyone over the head, just make your point, which I am sure you of all people can do.

Rick Miell

REPLY: I won't beat anyone over the head, but I may step on their toes!!
[Linked Image]

Any other questions??

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-20-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

Link Copied to Clipboard