ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#189608 10/19/09 06:27 PM
Z
Zapped Offline OP
In the ladder safety manual, put this in the "DO NOT" category...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=543_1255958876

Cat Servant
I'm not entirely sure what happened there. It almost looks like the descending guys twisted the ladder, or tried to 'walk' it while they were on it.

Ladders, btw, are rated for full load on every side that has steps. That is, a 250# rated mechanics ladder (arranged like the one in the video) is rated for 250# on both sides at once.

Looking at the ladder as it lay on the floor, it looks to be in perfect condition. That is, no remaining twists or kinks in it. I don't think the ladder 'failed.' I think this was an 'operator' failure.

Those 'operators' seem to resemble characters in other videos at the same site. What I saw all appears to be set-ups and IMHO staged and bogus.

Good call Reno.....ladder looks mighty fine to my eyes also.

John
N
Any chance the ladder has/had missing or damaged spreader bars on the ladder? That could explain the way it came down.

J
I think the problem is that ladder is not built like a step ladder,wider at the bottom.It looks like it was not all that stable.If it had been used like an extension ladder it would have leaning against a wall and been stable.

Cat Servant
I think - the video quality is lacking - that the ladder is one of those 'multi-use' ladders that can be arranged in different ways. Those don't have the spreader bars we are accustomed to.

Or, perhaps, an overseas operation. It's certainly not the usual mechanics' ladder (the rails and treads are too narrow) or step ladder (the footprint is too wide).

W
That is a extension ladder pulled apart and each side used as a rigged step ladder. There is no spreader bar between sides and the rungs show no locking cogs like used on the multi type ladders.Those short cheap extension ladders will flex a lot when together and very flimsy when separated.

Link Copied to Clipboard