ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#189339 10/02/09 01:45 PM
CDS Offline OP
Hi,
Business has slowed down here in ga for me .
I have been trying new approaches lately .
Maintenance companies have done OK if you don't count the time you spend on the phone trying to get paid , after waiting 60 days .
My question is , has anyone tried any of the sites or companies that sell leads ?
I am assuming we don't mention company names , is that correct ?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
CDS #189345 10/02/09 03:54 PM
Cat Servant
You should have no problem finding feedback, just by 'googling' the firm by name.

Many other forums have discussed them in depth, and the general pattern seems to be: don't waste yout money. While I'm always happy to hear good news, most of the names that come to mind are thouroughly hated by those who have tried them.

G
The real question is where do these leads come from? Are they really finding people who want to buy something or are they just sweeping the internet looking for people who have a phone?

Rent "Glen Garry, Glen Ross" for a little perspective on leads.

Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #189432 10/07/09 11:46 PM
J
I use a service that sends me leads, pretty happy so far. But as we all know that could change eek

jason
jdot77 #189459 10/08/09 10:19 PM
RH1 Offline
The Internet lead selling industry was great in the first 6 months, then it devolved into a scandalous, shady industry that exists only to bilk contractors.

I've tried several of them and they're all unscrupulous.

RH1 #189582 10/18/09 12:13 PM
CDS Offline OP
Thanks for the replies , I am giving one a try - SM.
turns out I get a couple free leads because they initially messed up the name on my account .
I will post my results in a month or so if anyone is interested

CDS #189585 10/18/09 12:58 PM
Cat Servant
We eagerly await word that SOMEONE has a good experience with them.

S
i see no reason to shelter any of these sorts among us here, in fact i recieved a lot of very good feedback on Service Magic (which i've declined)

i did , however, sign up for Facility Maintenance a month ago, which is a different deal, and at no cost to me

methinks they are quite different in their approach/ mode of operation

that said, is there a reason we as tradesmen can't vet them?

that's their game back at 'em, if you catch my drift...

~S~

sparky #190028 11/03/09 09:09 PM
P
cds- i had to reply to you on this subject-DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY-
i have used service magic for some time and let me tell you the truth about it- since it is a free service homeowners be ready to price check their electricians that have allready done the work, be ready to get leads with bogus phone numbers, be ready to hear that they had no intention of doing any construction and that they were just playing with the website, be ready to have homeowners make appointments and not show up or call and tell you that they will not make it to the appointment, be ready to price work for people that do not even own the homes you are meeting them at- they just want a price to take to their purchase and sales to beat up the person selling the home, be ready for people who can not afford to do the work to waste your time for an estimate, be ready for realtors looking for free estimates for their clients who do not even know who you are, then try to chase SM to get a credit for a crap lead- good luck- they say that they screen the homowners that use the service, my last leed from them was from- JOHN DOE SMITH- how much screening do you think they are doing?? - they are in the business of robbing contractors- they may not have started this way, but now they are in the money colection business only

Last edited by pwregan; 11/03/09 09:12 PM.
pwregan #190029 11/03/09 09:42 PM
S
yeah, i heard service majic wasn't so majic , even checked the BBB pwregan

but you vcan't blame a guy for trying

anyone here dealt with NATIONWIDE ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING MANAGEMENT SERVICES INC.....~S~

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard