Update on service magic :
This is just my experience , so don't take it as authoritative .
We have had 4 calls so far
1 "I can't afford an electrician , can you tell me how to fix my ceiling fan ?" would have cost me $11
2 drove to residence , gave price on couple small service call type items
I guess someone was lower , would have cost me $11
These two were free actually
3 gutted house rewire , I might get this one . talked to owner , bids were $13000 , $8500 , me at $6900 ,and $6800
This cost me $50.00
4 Commercial circuit , low voltage. I don't have a low voltage license so turn this one down . Funny thing is , it was listed as service changeout so it cost me $22 . I'm working on getting this refunded

I think the deal breaker for me is that in my area there are more electricians than calls . I feel like I am in a bid war over a service call . Also they suck these fees off your credit card , instead of invoicing you .
This makes me think asking for refunds is futile .
Conclusion : I think for certain areas and certain business models , this could be used successfully .
For me , I don't do bid wars . The customers I have , trust my work , and know that I give fair prices . Yes they could probably find someone a couple of bucks cheaper , but would it be worth the hassle of vetting another contractor ?
With service magic calls it feels as though price is everything . If the next guy is cheaper , he gets the work .
After all the customer is told by service magic that we are all reputable businesses , so price seems to be the only variable .Maybe I am just not the best salesman .I think I will probably cancel this , good luck to anyone else that gives it a shot