ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 227 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
ahickey Offline OP
Thanks for the replies! We didn't address the marks when we went back to do the panel change, but I'll try out both the ZEP and the Simple Green in future.

Magic Eraser got the marks off the last time I tried it, but it also took the surface luster off the paint; you could tell where I'd used it. (The Magic Eraser works like a charm for getting BX/box oil fingerprints off T-bar ceiling tiles, though!)

T
Pardon my ignorance, but just how is it that you're getting BX oils all over the finished surfaces?

Tesla
I agree with Reno, the marks are probably aluminum oxide or galvanising zinc-metal marks rather than actual 'oil', which would wipe off easily with dish-soap, if it were visible anyway. The makers will use some kind of die lube when forming the sheath, but it's more likely to be stearate powder or talc. The answer of course is to not mark the wall in the first place, by feeding the stuff out of a polythene bag or sleeve. Work smart, not hard. You are not getting paid for chores like cleaning up avoidable marks, which = less profit & less time with your feet up twirling a martini as the sun sets.

Wood work but can't!
M
The ideal wipes work really well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard