ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat Servant
What is that they say about things coming in threes?

Today's customer was accompanied by her ex-husband .... a former NASA engineer. It seems that the house they just bought, and are remodeling, had some 'electrical problems."

It was a pleasantly easy job; tighten one wire nut and reset one breaker, and all was happy. My high-tech tool for troubleshooting? A rolls of red and green masking taps. Working receptacles got a piece of green, troubles got the red. It was quite easy then to see the 'pattern,' and zero in on the bad box laugh

T
Our big problem with the HVAC guys: we needed to size all the electrical feeds for their equipment, so we needed figures... watts and amps! And not to mention measures of rooftop units, for lightning protection! Try to do that with HVAC guys telling you on the phone: "Honestly, we don't have the slightest idea what's going to be installed... we just took some absolute max. dimensions and drew them into the plan you got!". laugh

Can't say though our situation was much better... we did try to do everything right from the beginning, but until the final planning stages the architect had made so many changes the plans were hardly similar any more. In one place we went from 3 cabinets in the service room to 10 I think. I quit working in that lunatic asylum after 15 months and took up history at the university laugh Now I only do small house wiring for myself and close friends.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard