ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
I just saw this on the fed jobs website. An opportunity to assist in cleaning up the electrical mess.

job info

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa

SALARY RANGE: 22.99 - 26.82 USD /hour rolleyes

G
That also includes room and board.
If you stay there 18 months it is tax free and there really isn't any place there to spend your money.
I tried to get a similar gig in Vietnam but IBM would not let me go.

Greg Fretwell
Is the tax free bit a Federal concession? US citizens have to pay US taxes when working in Europe.
As to being stuck out there for 18 months on that level of compensation... I did six months in Dharan in '92.... and it sucked! crazy

Last edited by Alan Belson; 07/22/09 01:42 PM.

Wood work but can't!
Greg, you find places, believe me! British Aerospace ladies Bingo Nite- Arrggghhh! Fish[?] and Chips in a wooden hut in the middle of nowhere, temperature 110 degrees. Fishing in the Gulf for stuff that will put you in hospital for 3 months if you get stung. Drinking distilled boot polish. Hunting jumping spiders and scorpions with matchboxes. smile

Wood work but can't!
G
I doubt Army people pay Iraqi taxes. They probably don't pay UK taxes either. I know my dad didn't in 1944 ... but he did find plenty of places to spend money. wink

Greg Fretwell
The government pays a lot less than does the private sector for inspectors.

From another thread at a different forum:

"I decided to list my resume on Monster.com. The same day I was emailed with an opportunity to earn over $300,000.00 and a 5% of that total as a bonus for a 12 month deployment in Iraq. The direct deposit payments average to be $7,000.00 a week, 5 paid weeks off and a $400,000.00 life insurance policy."

I was done! I only got $35K + exes + normal pay, [which my wife frittered away on the mortgage, utilities and groceries], no leave and no ins! Our "pilot" flew us round in a crappy 35 year old crate, with a small childrens' atlas, following the roads at 3000 feet and kept screaming "God is Great" whenever we hit any turbulence, which was comforting. All the newspapers had been censored, and in my mind's eye I can still see the German ladies 400m gold-medallist in the week-old Telegraph, coming round the final bend wearing a tasteful felt-tipped crinoline ball-gown. I got arrested for having a battery clock in my hand baggage. My eyes steamed up. My room boy put a candy on my pillow and I slept in it and woke up covered in melted chocolate, [still not sure if room-servive believed me!] The laundry starched my bloody teeshirts! When I got back my eldest anklebiter had totalled my Cooper in a cabbage patch and busted the central heating.
Loved every minute!

Wood work but can't!
G
The state paid me $58 an hour and 29 cents a mile. I guess I was doing OK. I did spend time in prisons and I saw a guy get killed in the yard but no road side bombs.

The worst danger was really the mosquitoes at Collier Seminole park.

Greg Fretwell
S
I'll be they would throw in a free kevlar and flak vest. Im half tempted to apply just help our kids in uniform from the fubar wiring

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard