ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18798 12/14/02 08:42 PM
J
Well got the new addition to the family today. Early christmas present for the 4 kids. a chocolate lab pup. one more kid to look after now. But he's a cute little fella. and hes already following me around.

T
Bitjockey's Clean Humor

0666.Thu, 12 Dec 2002 #2 - Dogs & Light Bulbs
BullWhacker (Cowboy)
Dec 12, 2002

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young. We've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned-out light bulb?

Border Collie: Just one. And I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

German Shepherd: I'll guard the light bulb while you decide. Back off!

Dachshund: I can't reach the stupid light!

Toy Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

Rottweiler: Go ahead--make me!

Shi-tzu: Puh-leeze, dah-ling. Leave it for the servants.

Lab: ME!, ME! Pleeeeeeze let ME change the bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?

Malamute: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

Chow Chow: I'm with the Malamute. After I take my nap, that is!

Akita: I'm with the Chow and Malamute! What's for dinner?

Jack Russell Terrier or Wire-haired Fox Terrier: I can reach it! I just KNOW I can reach it! Give me another twenty jumps,... and it's mine, ALL mine!

Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

Mastiff: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.

Hound Dog: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

Kelpie: Put all the light bulbs in a little circle.

Pointer: I see it, there it is, rrrrriiiiiiight there!

S
2 kids
2 dogs
2 cats
8 fish
3 crabs
1 starfish

What took you so long to get a dog?

When the cats are no longer in the house I will get a cockatiel. Without the wife knowing about it first. How do you sneak a bird in the house?
Scott

[This message has been edited by Scotts (edited 12-16-2002).]

B
Try 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 lovebird, 3 children and 1 hubby + me:
- Chelsea (black lab, 4.5 yrs old, somewhat neurotic & needs stuffed toy for comfort)
- Big Nose, Brown Dog/aka Rusty (chocolate lab, 5 months old, happy-go-lucky guy w/ a soft mouth & hearty appetite)
- Sissy (1-eyed, 8 yr. old black & white shi-tzu, grump du jour)
- Holly (developmentally 'challenged', happy-go-lucky, eating machine in a brindle & white shi-tzu body)
- Butterscotch (1 yr old kitten, runs the entire house & really digs catnip, toys, food, lounges by the door to make sure dogs know she's inside & they're not, and wants to be first for everything)
- Luke (colorful lovebird, hates being last for everything & makes a real racket about it, tattles on Butterscotch every chance he gets)
- 7yr old boy, 2 6yr old girls, 1 46 yr old boy, & me, queen Bee

S
At one point we had 4 dogs as well as all other mentioned pets. 2 minature dauchsunds. Cute as all get out and as dumb as the piece of gum that you stepped on. One time I was holding the door open and telling one of the dauchusnds "Out Mark. Out Mark" He was 3 feet away from the door. He looked at me and sat down as if to say, I know you are talking to me but I do not know what you are saying. About a month later they were given to very very nice family.

BTW they were brothers and their names were Mark and Brian. Can anyone tell me who they were named after?
Scott

J
well i was waiting to put up a fence but said what the heck, put fence up in spring get dog now waited to long already.

picked up a 42x26x28 cage for the living room for at night and when i leave for work until wife gets home, and to help house break him. his name is Yazhee, kids come up with it from movie windtalkers and because the 3yr old wanted to call him yatzhee like the game.

Cool! I love dogs! And all animals...

I haven't updated the website lately to show all of the pets, but here goes a list, including the human pets:

6 Cats, "Greysi", "Angel", "Ashleigh", "Hoover", "Catfish" and "Fuzzy".
6 "Dogs", "Boutsie", "Patchez", "Patches" the elder, "Mollie", "Pita", and "Killer"
1 Horse, "Harley"
Unknown amount of various other varmits and critters.
13 Ayrshire Heiffers and 1 Hereford Steer that belong to my folks.
My wife "Carol", my step-son "Ryan", on occassion my step-daughter "Kaitlyn", and myself.

Whew!

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
R
Me & my wife were insane enough to get a German Shepherd puppy (6weeks old) this past May, when our son was only 14 months old.

BTW,
A German Shepherd is the only dog for me.
GRRRRRR!

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 12-16-2002).]

Trainwire left out the Queensland Heeler (Austrailian Cattle Dog) that'll eat the light bulb and then ask if you have any more snacks for him.
I've kept mostly those, and Border Collies, both smarter than a whip, the AuCaDogs always in mischief.
We're dogless right now. The last one, a Rottweiler, had an argument with me over a mourning dove. I ended up with 21 stitches in my handed, and he ended up with a lethal injection (if we didn't live here in the city, it would have been a .45 on the spot)
We're still trying to decide on a nice mellow sort of dog to get.

C
Forgetting about livestock (we have about 100
head of cattle)

Dog: Boots; Blue Healer/Border Collie mix
(still a puppy though)

Cats:
about 6, most black, Old Tom, Young Tom, Big Furry Tom (long hair, every time we give him to our neigbours down the road, he comes back), Old Mother, Little Girl, and Thumbs
(a grey/brown striped polydactyl). ALso varoius wild cats around the barns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard