ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#187555 07/01/09 02:44 PM
Hope you all have a wonderful day.

From one of the 'Jersey Guys' to our friends north of the border...
Happy Canada Day & be safe

John
Have a good day, folks.
From over here. smile

Trumpy #187585 07/02/09 02:34 PM
M
Had a great Canada Day. Sunny and warm. Spent the day with my wife. We went for a 2 hour bike ride, spent the afternoon at Jazz fest and went to bed early.
Sorry for this but I just have to relate this. Spoke briefly to a tourist from the US who was surprised we have an Independence day. I said yes but it was different from the US one. Canada Grew up to stand upon it's own feet and exercise it's own adult hood without a revolution or even much of an argument from Britain
US Independence was more like an acrimonious divorce or a petulant child leaving home in a fit of rage against it's parent.
It seems a trivial difference but can explain a bit about the people.

Anyway, No intent to bash anyone, happy Canada Day and a wish for a happy Independence day for our cousins in the USA

mikesh #187588 07/02/09 04:20 PM
Cat Servant
Oh, no hard feelings at all! Indeed, a fair look at the US/UK split shows myriad momnets where the conflict would have been avoided, had only the King taken the same position as was later taken throughout the Commonwealth.

I believe the King saw reason only after we forced the issue, and that the rest of the Empire benefited.

Not that the Kings were fools; quite the opposite. One need only look at the colonies of the other powers to see a refusal to learn - resulting in an endless succession of bloody rebellions, followed by coups and insurrections.

In the spirit of common heritage, common culture, common language, and even brotherhood, I extend this invitation to our norther Cousins to merge with the USA. I'm sure we can spare you a senator or two laugh

B
Originally Posted by renosteinke
In the spirit of common heritage, common culture, common language, and even brotherhood, I extend this invitation to our norther Cousins to merge with the USA. I'm sure we can spare you a senator or two laugh

lol
Thanks for the offer but with both of our politicians, I don't think that it would be a good idea...
...you'd end up with our taxes and we'd end up with your health care. cry

Link Copied to Clipboard