ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 517 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#18744 12/18/02 11:59 PM
N
Scott35,
I have accumulated tons of links to add on software, auto LISP’s, and such for Auto CAD. E-mail me if you are interested and I will put together a package for you. I even made a couple of toolbar buttons for short cuts to the geometry calculator functions. I am a hunt and peck typist as cool as the functions are I am just to slow at all that syntax input. [Linked Image]

#18745 12/19/02 01:57 PM
S
Nick,
While you disagree with some of the things that I said, you actually helped make my point. That you do not have to know 2800 pages of test to be able to use AutoCAD. I have done countless faciltiy layouts with simple blocks and text. 4 lines and boom, you have a table, a punch press or a clean room. Whatever you are drawing. You can also make it look more like the object if you want to, but sometimes this is not required. My guess is that for 90% of the people in this forum that is all that they would need to draw. Look at it this way, for anyone who uses Excel so you know all that the progam does? I don't but I still use Excel everyday.

I would rather people learn the basics of AutoCAD then to not try because they are intimidated by it.

BTW I can only talk about AutoCAD because I do not know any of the other CAD programs. No need to I use AutoCAD. Plus as per your pricing I was just trying to save arseegee $2,300 if AutoCAD LT would work for him.
Scott

#18746 12/19/02 09:39 PM
A
Thanks again, I am learning more everyday. Hopefully I will have time to learn more about what's the best plotter for the money after the holidays. I am slammed right now and still working 14 hour days. I'll let you all know when I get up and running on this new frontier!

#18747 12/19/02 10:30 PM
N
Arseegee,
Good use your best judgment and find out what is right for you. Use the AutoDesk web site. It is an invaluable resource.
Scotts,
Point taken! I am just the type of person that can’t dabble in things. If I am going to do it I have to know everything there is to know about it or I am not satisfied.
There is a phrase for people like me. Hmmmm something retentive something. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard