ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 399 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Yoop:
Yes, I read the Handbook info & agree with you on that. There's a lot of info that has to be read regarding that table, which I have not read due to time constraints. I have not had a job with kero dispensers, so I have no 'field' quick answer for ya.

Perhaps reach out a PM to 'Walrus'...he's a service station guy.

If my memory serve me right the Kenerose dispensers if more than 40 feet away from gazoline pumps it is not a Haz location but if grouped with gaz pump heck no it must have haz location plus haz location fittings as well.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Cat Servant
Some time ago, the code committee addressed the issue of "who decides?"

Ultimately, they settled for language saying a "qualified person" has to make what is very much a judgement call.

Who is a 'qualified person?' The texts in my apprentice program state explicitly that it is NEVER the electricians' responsibility. (I might quibble with that, but that's another discussion). An earlier attempt tried to say "Professional Engineer," but engineer schools simply so not address this topic, nor do most engineers have any experience in the area.

Two areas have plenty of 'qualified' people. First, the ISA, or 'instrumentation society,' certifies the folks who do the control work in the oil and chemical industries; you can be sure these folks have the necessary background. Then, there are the insurance companies (especially Factories' Mutual), whose risk assessment folks know the topic well.

The rest of us .... electricians, inspectors, etc., ... are pretty much out of the loop, unless our specific experience has educated us.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard