ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 270 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
RH1 Offline
The golden age of electrical contracting is long gone. I would recommend another career to somebody starting out.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
yeah but we're entering a new guiled age, lotsa high end work out there, been doing exactly that for years here

what to watch out for?

predators

i found them readily available for any new meat on the market, and today's mix of them seem nastier than ever....

~S~

G
One of the provisions in virtually every energy rebate that is good for the trade is that they won't pay up unless you get the work done by licensed people installing certified systems.
From an innovation standpoint that is bad but for protecting the trades it is good.
I know the hybrid system I would like to build is not eligible for any rebates (I want some storage) so I would have to buy a package and alter it after it was installed. I would rather not do that.

Greg Fretwell
S
well that is true Greg, but just what credential is acceptable would be something of a concern , as an electrician's license alone does not qualify for a rebate in some states for an alt energy and/or net metering install

for instance, here, the state wants anNEBCEP cert....~S~

G
I believe that any licensed EC can install a certified system but the problem might be with the vendor of that system wanting a taste of the install by only selling them wholesale to their certified installer.
I do think these is somewhat of a scam quality the the whole thing. As I said, it sure does not encourage much innovation when the only thing you can install is what has already ground it's way through several levels of government and corporate bureaucracy.

Greg Fretwell
L
Originally Posted by RH1
The golden age of electrical contracting is long gone. I would recommend another career to somebody starting out.

Now this is down right disappointing!!

I recommend MY PROFESSION to every young kid I meet.
The possibilities are endless,innovation lives.

There is sooo much more now to being an EC than wiring houses and such.

Just like the medical profession: Specialize and expand. Find a niche and hit it full bore!!!!

It is what this Country was founded on and makes it great!

GO FOR IT!! Both barrels!!!!!

Cat Servant
I'd love to Lee... but one barrel is at the pawn shop, and I'm wearing the other one! laugh

S
well yeah, any EC can install Greg, it's just the rebate thing that's an ordeal....

further, they don't call it the green machine for nothing....

~S~

G
This is what it says for the Florida incentive program that applies to residential users

Equipment Requirements: All solar energy systems sold in Florida are required by Florida law (FS 377.705) to be approved by the Florida Solar Energy Center

Installation Requirements: PV: Must be installed by a licensed master electrician or state-licensed electrical, solar contractor, or certified general contractor.

Solar Water and Pool Heaters: Must be installed by a state-licensed solar or plumbing contractor or a certified general contractor or a roofing contractor installing standing seam hybrid thermal roofs

http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=FL33F&re=1&ee=1

Greg Fretwell
A
Originally Posted by RH1

I second that. If you have a good job, stick with it. Where I live electricians are like lawyers, there on every block. And many dont have aclue as to what there doin, but they still are busy. Makes me sick!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard