ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 269 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This was the most unscrupulous contractor around California.

After more than 18 years of this crap, finally, he's shut down. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

http://www.cslb.ca.gov/GeneralInformation/Newsroom/PressReleases/PressReleases2009/News20090323.asp

M
American are just so fussy. All sarcasm is intended. Good to read about actual prosecutions. Far too often prosecutors won't take these cases on. Looks like this one finally got big enough to be sexy for the prosecutors career.

Cat Servant
A staple of horror films is the ending where, after two hours of drama and action, the villian is vanquished ... only to revive as soon as everyone has left the scene. This gent, and others like him, are no different.

For the past three years, these guys - the exact same people - have been prowling neighboring Nevada, looking for contractors looking to illegally 'rent' their licenses out. They have alos operated in Texas and approached contractors in New Jersey.

Speaking to one of their former 'technicians,'the story wasone of praise ... "OK, the guy is a jerk, but I made piles and pilesof money ... and have been able to apply what he taught me to myown business."

Part and parcel of these operations is some arrangement that has the 'technician' operating under some arrangement other than the traditional hourly wage, or buying materials on the company account.

Remember: these crooks are NOT the ones actually doing the work ... they need YOU in order to carry on.

Scott,
Just been reading that report you linked to.
It's about time something like this happened, as an example to others in the industry who may be "working under the radar".

T
I just wish they'd stop carpenters and handymen from doing electrical work around here.

Dave

www.TigerElectrical.com

Last edited by Tiger; 03/31/09 06:47 PM.
F
We have the simauir situation in France as well so no one is immutyed { protected } from the trunkslammer at all.

I heard one company got fined little over 100,000 € due using the contractor liscine in wrong spot.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Link Copied to Clipboard