ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 463 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Benfield's is outstanding.

I can't recommend it too highly.

Tesla
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gpsparky
Take your Hickey bar along just in case

Umm OK, like you can bend galvanised thick-walled pipe with one of them?

In the end it turned out OK, I did as Greg suggested and marked the bit of scrap and found the take-up.

I also have to agree with Greg about the number of bits of pipe that are laid to waste in any given job.

The one good thing about the Bramley benders is that if you need to do a compound bend (ie: 2 bends in the same length of pipe), all you do is level the bender and the pipe with a level on each end of the pipe and one on the bender, you don't get a cork-screw, if you are lucky, or you hold your face the right way or the wind doesn't change during the bend. crazy

F
Trumpy.,

I have the hickey bender and this what I will recomonded to you is make serveal small step for each bend and do not try to bend too much otherwise you will make a kink in there.

The numbers of "hits or movements " on hickey bender it will depending on the amout of bend the last 90° bend with 3/4 hickey it took me 22 hits to make a nice bend I know it is alot but that is the only way you can do that without kinking it.

Otherwise a standard conduit bender will work just fine and it will be done quick.

There are few tricks I done with electrique benders and hydrallics { it will be much easier If I can catch ya in the loft { chat room } and expain how this work out }

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

N
Be careful using Ugly's. The offset tables are the same as the Benfield Bender and assume pipe is bent like a broken line when in fact it is bent on a radius. For pipe sizes larger than 1 inch or for IMC and Rigid this is a killer for pre cutting and bending.
Reference:
http://www.electrician2.com/electa1/offset.html
The same principle apply to 90 degree bends. The best practice is to know your bender by test bending and measuring the take ups, etc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard