ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Found these in my aunt and uncle’s house.

One’s a pull-out switch and the other is a safety switch.

I’m not sure how old this equipment is though, I’ve never heard of the Trumbull Elec. MFG. Company before

- Tristan S.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

I'd guess these to be about the 30's through 50's... Trumbull was, as the label shows, part of GE's early service equipment days... I've seen quite a few Trumbull "Multi-breaker" panels from the 50's but nothing later than that.

Nice find!

-Joe
“then we'll glue em' then screw em'”
-Tom Silva
TOH
B
A few weeks ago a group of friends removed two Wurlitzer electro-pneumatic relays from a location in the Grant Park area of Atlanta. Near the blower was the contactor and it was rated at 60 AND 25 Hz. I believe it to be a General Electric. I'll try to get pictures.

E
Trumbull was the original maker of what has now become the GE brand. GE didn't make switchgear and panels in the early days, so they invested in and eventually bought Trumbull. I've seen many Trumbull brand split-bus circuit breaker panels that legally accepted GE breakers (according to the label). They were probably early 1960's vintage panels based upon the age of the houses where I encountered them.

I just changed one out at a house in a "model village of the future", a joint venture between GE, United States Steel and CelloTex, known as Sterling Park, VA. These homes featured steel framing, energy saving and siding products, along with state-of-the art electrical products made by GE/Trumbull. These were total-electric affordable homes, with anything electric (including appliances, the water heater and furnace) being the GE brand. This development was built in the early-mid 1960's.

The panel that I replaced was fine and in untouched condition, but a home inspector insisted that it needed to be replaced. I'd have left it in place if this had been my house.

I don't know about today, but I think that a lot of GE's products were (are) made in GE's plant in Plainville, CT. My house was built in 1992 and my 200 amp panel was made in GE's plant there.

I've seen lots of Westinghouse gear in my travels as well, especially in Northern NJ and North Carolina.

Sorry for drifting off onto a tangent. This ends your history lesson for the day. aspirin

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
P
Thanks Joe.

I have a sense of adventure, I just keep it leashed with common sense.

Link Copied to Clipboard