ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#18513 12/10/02 10:47 PM
P
PJM Offline
Welcome jwdDawg

Just to let you know it is realistically possible, my 31 year old cousin was self employed as a courier, mainly involved in government work. Then 9/11 happened, and his business nosedived as he wasn't allowed his truck onto government property. Some weeks he wasn't working at all, which meant no income, yet his truck and mortgage payments and household bills still had to be met.

I got him an interview with my boss who took him on as a helper just a couple of months ago, and he is adapting so well, that an apprenticeship is just around the corner.

He is not getting anywhere the wages he was used to, but is happier being around a decent bunch of guys. He has prospects, and like yourself, a thirst for knowledge, so you should both go far.

Good luck, and as a new member to this board myself, I can vouch that you will learn a lot just by checking in.

#18514 12/10/02 11:56 PM
jwdDawg,

It's refreshing to hear from people that want to learn the Theory and Trade rather than just how to get the Hot Tub they just bought running as cheaply as possible.

There are many here willing and able to help where they can. Please be aware that it is not within the scope of this Forum to delve too much into basic wiring practices for several reasons, so some other form of instruction or resource would be needed for that. With that said, Welcome aboard!

As far as books go, My recommendations to start would include:

an Electrical Theory Book
something on Basic Wiring practices
NEC
an Illustrated Guide to the NEC

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#18515 12/11/02 12:30 AM
jwdDawg,
Welcome to ECN!,
I think you will find the people at ECN,a very approachable lot and will be only too happy to help you, should the need arise. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard