ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 525 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#18488 12/12/02 01:39 AM
When I was working at the Pareora Freezing Works, a few years ago, one of the sparkies there was repairing an Electric Forklift.
Smoko time came, so he turned off the the F/Lift and went to have a cup of char.
When he came back and switched it back on, it
shot through the wall in the workshop, as someone had tampered with the controls, during Smoko, it made one hell of a mess. [Linked Image]

#18489 12/13/02 01:11 AM
J
I'll try to make this short read. I got a call late at night to a vacant warehouse that all the Em’s were on and the fire panel was in "trouble". I go there and its dark and I go to the panel and find it in bad shape. Old, full and one of the breakers was bad and burnt. I pull it and see the buss is a little bad where I pulled this one so I go looking for another spot. I find only one spot to put it and I pop it in. They all light. I go. I get a call back, same thing but this time when I show up the fire alarm guy is there trouble shooting the fire panel. I'm watching him and he comes to conclusion the whole thing is fried. So he goes and gets another whole CB and proceeds to install it. I go to the panel again to see why all the EM and EXITS are not working. I see the breaker is tripped and I flip it. Then I notice in black marker on the back of the panel "wild leg" right where I put this breaker. OOOOPPPSSS so I put it back where I found it, but as I was walking out I could hear the poor fire guy freaking out with his dispatcher " I don’t know what happened it just fried out this one too"...OOOOPPPPSSS

[This message has been edited by JohnnyB (edited 12-13-2002).]

#18490 12/13/02 09:00 PM
G
About a month ago, I got a call at 11:00pm from a regular customer....
Cust: One of my rental houses has no power, can you come out to look at this? I checked the main breaker and it was off. I turned it back on and nothing happens.

Contractor: The whole house is out?

Cust: Yes, I'm standing outside right now at the meterbases. ( this is a duplex) Both meters are there, but one is not turning at all.

Contractor: Did they pay thier bill?

Cust: Oh yes! I'm sure they paid the bill. I asked them already! They are great tennants, they are never late paying thier rent!

Contractor: Are you still at the meterbase?

Cust: Yes, why?

Contractor: What color are the tags?

Cust: One blue, and one red.

Contractor: Tell them to pay the bill!!! That's probably why the don't have trouble paying thier rent!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard