ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Perhaps I am just stupid:
In the "photo discussion forums" section of the forum there are several sections. What is the difference between: "Photo Gallery" and "Photos Submitted for Discussion" I never know where to look any longer and they seem to have the same stuff - do they? Whats going on? What are we supposed to do, use one section to upload and one to view?

Administrator
Ann,

Good question, I'm still trying to figure out how best to use what we have... here's what I think...

The Photos Submitted, Violations and Nostalgia Forums were meant to be Reference areas with pictures that we know weren't going anywhere because they were on our server. (Too many great threads become useless because someone decides to thin out or purge their photobucket account, or wherever they had the pictures).

We were also trying to keep the physical and file size of photos in those areas down out of concern for people with smaller Monitors and Dial-up service.

The process used to entail sending a Moderator a Photo, or Photos to upload to the server and they would start a thread for the member there. With the Forum upgrade and the E-P site (Electrical-Photos.com) we have some new options.

A Member can now upload photos themselves and use that URL in a post or thread of their own. If they want to start a discussion around photos they can do it in one of the non-photo areas and a Mod will move it into one of the photo discussion areas after seeing the photos are on our server(s).

If you just have a few photos you want to post you just upload to the Photo Gallery here.

For more photos, or because you'd like to put them all in one place, the Electrical-Photos.com site should be used. You can use that to collect pictures you'd like to post somewhere (ECN or other Forums) - or just to use as your own personal (Electrical-Related) Photo Album.

(if you've got any suggestions let me know)

Bill

A
Thanks for that, much clearer now. Cheers Ann

Bill,
I kind of like the idea of Members having their own personal albums over there at E-P.
It makes pictures easier to find, if the links over here in threads need to be edited (for whatever reason).

Another thing about posting your own thread, it would be handy if Members posted the thread to be moved to the Photo Discussion Areas, in this General Discussion Area, as it is usually the first Area that most of us moderators read when we first surf this site (I might be wrong, too).

Just my thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard