ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Y
Whats the best Spicing to use in a Handhole for street lighting?? Where you;ll be tapping off much larger conductors due to Voltage drop. Waterproff , Quick & Easy, yet does the job. I;m sure others of you have ran into this.
Yoopersup
I know of several just looking for best thur others experiences.

F
C'est simple get the polaris connector they work the best so you don't have to deal with old school splitbolts let me put a photo so you can see what I mean.,, [Linked Image from ebusiness.ilsco.com]

I know it cost more than standard split bolt but you will end up save alot of time in long run due it is cleaner and quicker and also they are listed to use both CU and AL and they do come in few diffrent size as well.

This what I useally keep few in my service trucks it did pay more than once thumbs

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

D
I use Buss HEB fuseholders. They have the option to use the rubber boots that come with them but I usually use cambric and 130 covered with 33 for a great finish. Not cheap at about 50 bucks each but you do get the fuseholder in each one. And their AL rated.
Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard