ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
electure #182522 11/29/08 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by electure
I think it all depends on what aspect of the trade you're in.

There's a World of difference in one of those "white-shirted-polished-shoes" guys that does residential service with a yellow pages ad, sends "technicians", and a guy that does tract home, or industrial construction.

Exactly Scott,
I have myself shown up to early morning faults calls with the PoCo with my hair sticking up and been un-shaven.
I've never had any bad comments about my appearance to date, people just want their power back on and everything back to normal again.
Normal daytime calls are a totally different thing though.

Some of the best industrial electricians I know have the most wildly un-kempt hair of the human species, no-one cares though, they are good at what they do and in a factory situation, that is what matters.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Trumpy #182530 11/29/08 11:28 PM
G
If you are talking about call out emergency calls I have found they really don't care what you look like. I have been in the sorter room at C&S bank in flip flops and cutoffs ... but 2 sorters were down and the Fed deadline for "capture" was coming up fast.
They were really happy to see me, no matter what I was wearing.

Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #182827 12/12/08 09:34 PM
S
the thing is, if your genetically predisposed via your race, you may find yourself getting more hair as you age...

it just becomes insane to try and mitigate daily....

cripes, we've buried family we can hardly identify.....

~S~

sparky #182828 12/12/08 11:48 PM
Years back I was looking to add 1 more man. I called the County VoTech for any applicants that were avail. #1, dressed for an exec. VP job (no problem) wanted an 'office position'. Bye.
#2, a no show (found out he had an abuse issue). #3 was on time, neat hair, goatee; and tatts on his upper arms. Don't judge a book by the cover!

#3 turned out to be a great addition. On time, minimal absense, great work ethic, personality & performance.

We did comm/ind and IF there was any 'public' contact a suitable sleeved shirt was worn (his choice). I never heard any comments/complaints from clients.

PS: We did very little resi & the calls he did go on, he was very well liked by all.

BTW, I have a close cropped beard for 40+ years, and it may be going soon.

John
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard