ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#181470 10/10/08 06:52 PM
S
Just curious; Do you contractors with websites, get much business originating from your website? Is it very effective for you? I'm trying to "rethink my business advertizing strategy" again. I've done mostly residential work, and I think commercial work is going to be the best going thing, especially with the economy like it is. I figure a person's business will HAVE to keep go in order to keep their residence going. They are more apt to call an electrician out to keep their means of livelyhood going, than to spend it on "trivial" expenses that may not be a neccesity. Thanks for the input. Steve...

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
E
There's no doubt that web searches will increase your exposure. You just have to be very careful in designing your site so that you don't get calls from people on the other side of the country. I made the mistake of not doing this and within one hour, I was receiving calls from customers in South Dakota and Utah.

I'm becoming a firm believer in purchasing Google ad words to direct local people to your site. You can pick and choose what type of exposure you want and if it doesn't work, you can adjust them on the fly. Unlike the Yellow Pages, where your mistakes can last a year or even longer, web-based advertising is by far the safest way to go.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
F
My website generates enough income each month to cover the cost of my servers and credit card acceptance charges. When I receive an order for several items or an order for a higher priced item then I make a profit. I do not expect to be able to retire as a result of my website.

To increase your position in the Google search engine, you need to do some "link building." The higher the number of links from other websites that direct visitors to your website, then the better your ranking on Google.

So, if www.electrical-contractor.net/forums has a link to my website, Google counts it. Here is one such link to my website:
http://www.powerqualityanddrives.com/

I can add a link to any particular webpage:
http://www.powerqualityanddrives.com/pump_control_and_protection/

My ranking in Google has just improved a bit because of the above two links.

My best selling product is a low cost starter:
http://www.powerqualityanddrives.co...Start-and-Stop-Pushbuttons_1795674.html/
Opps! There I go again!

Best Regards,
Frank

Link Copied to Clipboard