ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
The java script (I think it's the Java Script as I Keep getting this error every time I go to the site "Error: targ.parentNode.parentNode is null
Source File: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubb_js/ubb_jslib.js
Line: 204")
on the ECN Forum page slows my mozilla FireFox down to a crawl and eventually causes it to freeze up. I don't know if it's just me or if any other FF users are experiencing the same problem with this site. I love this site so I'm just trying to let the webmasters know of a potential problem with the code website code

Theres always enough room in the junction box.You just need a bigger hammer
G
Hi, I get the error sg like this while I want to open Firefox: Firefox is currently running, before starting a new session, close the previous. Sorry, I didn't quote it, it is on my home computer Firefox is installed...

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
Firefox freezes up on this site, and I don't know why.
It all started when I upgraded to Firefox 3.0.3

I just use Internet Explorer or Safari browsers, and it doesn't.

Simple fix.

Administrator
I can try removing the Chatroom counter, but I think that might be a step backwards.

Just curious, has anyone notified, or filed a bug report with the Firefox people?

Bill

G
I had, I was asked to install some Java, but on that link there was nothing of that sort.

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
Originally Posted by Gloria
Hi, I get the error sg like this while I want to open Firefox: Firefox is currently running, before starting a new session, close the previous. Sorry, I didn't quote it, it is on my home computer Firefox is installed...

the Firefox.exe is still running, just go into your task manager, and go to processes, and end the Firefox.exe process, and you can reopen it again

-Joe
“then we'll glue em' then screw em'”
-Tom Silva
TOH
Firefox doesn't crash on this computer,
but on my laptop, it can take about 2 or 3 tries to get the page to load without getting the message:
Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close, click below to tell M$ about this problem

Having said that, I'm not sure it is a Javascript problem that is causing this, rather a bad line of code in the Firefox browser software.

Has everyone that has had this problem, got the latest version of Java Runtime Environment?
I just updated and the problem went away.

G
I haven't seen the problem since the final board upgrades took effect. I assumed it was just growing pains in the upgrade process.

Greg Fretwell
P
pdh Offline
I just encountered a Firefox lockup. I diagnosed the running processes and found the Java virtual machine was waiting forever on a "futex" semaphore with no available thread to wake it up. The main Firefox process was waiting in I/O poll for a response from the JVM. I was able to simulate a semaphore post and the JVM woke up and Firefox became active again. There are programming errors in both. I started a 2nd Firefox process (not a 2nd window ... this is a real separate process) and logged in to ECN from the 2nd one after disabling Java. The 2nd Firefox is running faster than the 1st Firefox for things like windowing exposes (it's not doing any server accesses, just redisplaying graphical bits). Firefox is basically not handling Java very well.

So what in ECN uses Java besides the chatroom? Everything else seems to be working OK with the Firefox that has Java disabled.

Link Copied to Clipboard