ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180809 09/11/08 03:46 PM
L
Has anyone installed X-CHIP LED Lights? The Lighting Rep is one of those Show Room Lighting places and not much help. By what I can find on it, it appears that each chip is mounted on a base, both being about 3" long. It would seem that each 3" base would have to be mounted; I guess by small screws? I think there is about 600' of it on this project...about 2400 pieces? Any help would be appreciated.

LastLeg:
I googled x-chip, and 1300 +/- hits came up. So, I have to ask you....
Do you have the x-chip items?
Do you have mfg name, model #, etc.

You need the mfg literature/instructions to determine the correct method to install. Don't forget, LED's require drivers that have to be installed too.

BTW, lighting showroom guys are either very good, or very bad. If you track down the mfg., they usually can be helpful, specially for a 'sizable' order like you indicated above.

John
L
Yes,
I googled x-chip, x-chip installation, etc. Most of the hits are for 'X-Box', and no relation. I went through about 3 pages and didn't find much. I am just bidding now so I don't have in hand. I think one of the problems is the Supplier is still working out some of the design and we are bidding with an allowance for the fixtures. There are about 100 LED locations, and this type is for 6 of those locations. I will try the manufacturer route though. I think the designer here isn't much into the mechanics of it. I do have info on the dfx and cat 5 wiring, dfx boxes, drivers, etc. Thank you.

F
Last Leg I goggled “x-chip led” using quotation marks, and got 175 hits. I checked a couple of pages and looks more like what you are looking for.
Good Luck

Link Copied to Clipboard