ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180082 08/12/08 06:19 PM
Hi All,
I am wondering what you all feel I should do in the following situation:
I am bidding a 3000sq ft commercial renovation. A place I have been doing there maintance and repair work for the last 14 yrs. I can easily speak to the business manager and by allowing them to perhaps purchase the lighting themselves save them alot of money. This would also be great for me as this is quite a stretch on my cash flow. This could also eliminate the competition. Or do I just bid the job straight up and see what happens.And worry about finaincing later? Any thoughts? Coments?

Yes, this is a sizable job for me not out of my realm.

Ob(Phil)

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Cat Servant
Well, the first thing to do is have a chat with your banker, and your supply house. If nothing else, a Dun & Bradstreet report will give you an idea as to how eager they are to pay their bills.

You're going to get stuck with any warranty issues regardless, so you need to allow for that in your pricing.

Whoever buys the lights, it will be necessary for there to be protected storage for them.

Why should you save them money? That is, if your business model depends upon parts mark-up to cover the hourly rate, then you're in trouble if the customer buys direct.

S
Schedule your progress payments in such a way as not to strain your finances. No bubbles no troubles...

Link Copied to Clipboard